Celebrate this St. Patrick's day by fixing yourself one of what we're calling, "de Bruin's Gold." This is a very special St. Paddy's Day Cocktail inspired by Irish Olympian Michelle de Bruin who won 3 gold medals in the summer Olympics here in Atlanta. So grab your bottle of Jameson and your green socks and kick off your St. Patrick's Day in Atlanta with a true TRACE original.
2oz Jameson Irish whiskey
1.5 oz fresh cucumber water
.5 oz lime juice
.5 oz St. Germaine liqueur
- Add all ingredients to shaker and give hard shake.
- Put half ice sphere in rocks glass and fill with cocktail.
- Garnish with twisted cucumber skin.
Preparing the Cucumber Fresh Water
- Thoroughly rinse the skin of the cucumber. Do not peel.
- Cut the cucumber into about 1" pieces.
- Using a blender, add a small bit of water into the bottom, add a few cucumber pieces, and start blending.
- Add the rest of cucumbers a few pieces at a time, ensuring each piece is thoroughly pureed.
- When all pieces have been added, pour mixture through a strainer and press out all water. Discard pulp.
- Last step is to double strain the liquid to remove and remaining sediment.
- Water is good for about 3 days. Make fresh water daily if possible